POTSDAM A small fire damaged ceiling tiles in a Clarkson University residence hall Friday morning.
Heat from a temporary construction light ignited the tiles in Moore House. Workers at the scene pulled a fire alarm after smelling smoke.
The Potsdam Fire Department removed two damaged ceiling tiles, said Kelly O. Chezum, Clarkson vice president for external relations.
No students were in the residence hall at the time and there were no injuries.
Renovations on the structure continue and students have since returned to the buildings finished portion.