LAWRENCEVILLE A faulty furnace has been cited in a fire that destroyed a home early Monday, St. Lawrence County fire investigators said.
No one was home when the blaze broke out at 115 Brooklyn Road at 12:43 a.m., according to investigators. Lawrenceville firefighters spent about two hours at the scene.
Investigators said the single-story, wood-frame structure, owned by Diane and Elmer Rose, County Route 52, was insured. It was declared a total loss.
Tenant Sanya Snyder and four children lived in the home, investigators said. The American Red Cross was called to assist.