Northern New York Newspapers
Watertown
Ogdensburg
Massena-Potsdam
Lowville
Carthage
Malone
NNY Business
NNY Living
NNY Ads
Sun., Oct. 26
ADVERTISE SUBSCRIBE
Serving the communities of Jefferson, St. Lawrence and Lewis counties, New York
In print daily. Online always.
Related Stories

Wednesday fire causes damage to Adams Center home

PREV
NEXT
ARTICLE OPTIONS
A A
print this article
e-mail this article

ADAMS CENTER — The residence of Gary A. Barney, 12342 Route 11, sustained moderate roof, smoke and water damage in a fire Wednesday afternoon.

Adams Center Fire Department Chief Mark C. Thomas said the volunteer department got the call about 3:20 p.m. Wednesday. The fire began in a chimney but spread and caused damage to the attic.

He said volunteers with the Adams Fire Department assisted his crew on scene for about three hours, and both departments were called back to the scene nearly two hours after they left because some insulation was smoldering.

“Their roof needs to be replaced,” Mr. Thomas said. “The only fire was in the roof space, and the living quarters only suffered smoke and water damage.”

Mr. Thomas said the single-digit temperatures Wednesday didn’t have any factor in fighting the fire, as there was just a small amount of ice that built up.

No injuries were reported, he said.

Commenting rules:
  1. Stick to the topic of the article/letter/editorial.
  2. When responding to issues raised by other commenters, do not engage in personal attacks or name-calling.
  3. Comments that include profanity/obscenities or are libelous in nature will be removed without warning.
Violators' commenting privileges may be revoked indefinitely. By commenting you agree to our full Terms of Use.
Giveaway
Syracuse Football Tickets Giveaway
Connect with Us
WDT News FeedsWDT on FacebookWDT on TwitterWDT on InstagramWDT for iOS: iPad, iPhone, and iPod touchWDT for Android
Showcase of Homes
Showcase of Homes