COPENHAGEN A chimney fire early Monday caused extensive damage to a town of Denmark home.
Copenhagen firefighters at 1:49 a.m. responded to the Shawn P. ODonnell residence at 10388 Stoddard Road and requested mutual aid from West Carthage, Castorland and Champion fire departments.
The blaze caused heavy interior structural damage to the one-story home, with its contents listed as a total loss, according to Lewis County Fire Coordinator James M. Martin.
There was no insurance on the residence.
The fire started in the chimney, then spread quickly into the structure due to high winds, Mr. Martin said.