WEST POTSDAM - Fire investgators determined a fire that destroyed a Potsdam-area residence Thursday evening was caused by an electrical issue.
West Potsdam firefighters were toned out at 7:09 p.m. Thursday to a structure fire at the Asil Bice residence, 6632 Route 11 in the town of Potsdam. Mutual aid on the July 4 holiday was provided by firefighters from Potsdam, Canton, Morleu, Pierrepont, Hannawa Falls and Madrid. Potsdam Rescue also responded to the fire scene, where one firefighter was treated for a minor injury.
Waddington and Parishville firefighters were placed on standby.
West Potsdam firefighters reported back in service at 11:41 p.m.
A garage on the property had been destroyed by fire in April 2009.