Northern New York Newspapers
NNY Business
NNY Living
Thu., Oct. 8
Serving the communities of Jefferson, St. Lawrence and Lewis counties, New York
In print daily. Online always.
Related Stories

Pinched wire in floor camp causes minor fire at casino resort


AKWESASNE - An overheated lamp cord caused a minor fire at approximately 10:10 p.m. Thursday at the Akwesasne Mohawk Casino Resort.

Casino officials, in a press release issued Friday, said two casino associates were treated for “minor ailments.”

They said fire department officials had ruled that a pinched wire in a floor lamp located in an unoccupied seventh floor hotel room had ignited, causing minor damage. The fire was quickly extinguished using a hand-held fire extinguisher, according to casino officials.

“For safety reasons, hotel occupants were evacuated and the Hogansburg-Akwesasne Volunteer Fire Department and the Saint Regis Mohawk Police responded with aid from local area fire departments,” they said. “Hotel occupants were allowed to return to their rooms without incident.”

Commenting rules:
  1. Stick to the topic of the article/letter/editorial.
  2. When responding to issues raised by other commenters, do not engage in personal attacks or name-calling.
  3. Comments that include profanity/obscenities or are libelous in nature will be removed without warning.
Violators' commenting privileges may be revoked indefinitely. By commenting you agree to our full Terms of Use.
Syracuse Football Tickets Giveaway
Connect with Us
WDT News FeedsWDT on FacebookWDT on TwitterWDT on InstagramWDT for iOS: iPad, iPhone, and iPod touchWDT for Android
Showcase of Homes
Showcase of Homes