Northern New York Newspapers
Watertown
Ogdensburg
Massena-Potsdam
Lowville
Carthage
Malone
NNY Business
NNY Living
NNY Ads
Thu., Nov. 27
ADVERTISE SUBSCRIBE
Serving the communities of Jefferson, St. Lawrence and Lewis counties, New York
In print daily. Online always.
Related Stories

Overtheated wood stove blamed for fire that causes major damage to Lawrenceville home

PREV
NEXT
ARTICLE OPTIONS
A A
print this article
e-mail this article

LAWRENCEVILLE - An overheated wood stove and chimney are being blamed for a fire that left a Lawrenceville home with major damage Monday afternoon.

Lawrenceville Fire and Tri-Town Rescue responded to a report of a chimney fire at 2:03 p.m. Monday at the Richard Dalicourt residence at 11449 Route 11 in Lawrenceville, described in on line real estate reports as a five-bedroom home constructed in 1944. The property was insured.

Fire investigators said mutual aid was provided by firefighters from North Lawrence, Nicholville, Brasher-Winthrop, Hopkinton-Fort Jackson and Moira.

Investigators termed the damage to the structure as severe and estimated the damage was in the $75,000 range.

No injuries were reported.

Commenting rules:
  1. Stick to the topic of the article/letter/editorial.
  2. When responding to issues raised by other commenters, do not engage in personal attacks or name-calling.
  3. Comments that include profanity/obscenities or are libelous in nature will be removed without warning.
Violators' commenting privileges may be revoked indefinitely. By commenting you agree to our full Terms of Use.
Giveaway
Syracuse Football Tickets Giveaway
Connect with Us
WDT News FeedsWDT on FacebookWDT on TwitterWDT on InstagramWDT for iOS: iPad, iPhone, and iPod touchWDT for Android
Showcase of Homes
Showcase of Homes