A fire believed to have originated from a kerosene heater destroyed a trailer Friday morning in the town of Pamelia.
A dog owned by the occupants of the trailer perished in the fire, according to Pamelia Fire Department Second Assistant Chief Howard J. OBrien. No other injuries were reported, he said.
The fire left portions of Knowlesville Road closed shortly after 8 a.m. Friday. The road was opened about 10:30 a.m. and firefighters cleared the scene about 11 a.m., Mr. OBrien said.
The Pamelia Fire Department was assisted by Northpole, Glen Park, Brownville and Evans Mills departments.