MASSENA - The St. Lawrence County Fisheries Advisory Board is hosting a public meeting at 7 p.m. Tuesday in the Massena Town Hall to address issues with New York Power Authority installed docks in the towns of Waddington, Louisville and Massena. Anyone that uses these facilities is encouraged to attend.
Organizers say they hope to impress upon the Power Authority that corrections need to be made at all boat launch facilities under their control as follows:
1. Early removal and late installation of docks (would like to see permanent year-round retaining walls to accommodate launches in the absence of docks).
2. High hand rails (gang planks installed on outside of handicapped ramps to assist with loading boats on trailers).
3. Obstructions (vertical guide posts) on side of docks.
4. Corrections to angle of launch ramps (elimination of submersion of rear wheels on tow vehicles during launch of boat).
5. Pavilions at launch sites to accommodate fishing tournaments and public gatherings.
Invited guests include Senator Patty Ritchie, Senator Joe Griffo, St. Lawrence County Chamber of Commerce Executive Director Pat McKeown, St. Lawrence County legislators, FISHCAP representatives and members of the Local Government Task Force.