CROGHAN William S. and Elizabeth (More) Morrow, 6890 Mechanic St., celebrated their 65th wedding anniversary with family at home on Dec. 29.
Mr. Morrow, son of the late William H. and Lena Morrow, and Elizabeth (Betty Lou) More, daughter of the late Laverne G. More and Maude More, Croghan, were married on Dec. 30, 1948, at St. Stephens Catholic Church with the Rev. Amadeus Burke officiating. Honor attendants were Edward Grunnert and Patricia OMara.
Mr. Morrow enlisted in the Army and was assigned to the 2nd Infantry Division, Fort Carson, Colo. He was discharged in 1948. He is a 1948 graduate of Lowville Academy. Mr. Morrow worked at Climax Manufacturing, Castorland, and was manager at the milk plant in Croghan. He was a qualified milk inspector until his retirement in 1990. He is also a retired Lewis County fire coordinator and a past president and chief of the Croghan Fire Department. He is a communicant of St. Stephens Catholic Church and a member of American Legion Post 1663.
Mrs. Morrow graduated from Father Leo School, Croghan. She was employed at Monnats Country Store, Croghan, and at Beaver River Central School, Beaver Falls. Mrs. Morrow enjoys knitting and hiking. She is a member of TOPS of Croghan and a charter member of the Croghan Ladies Fire Auxiliary.
The couple has five children, Eric, Edwards, David, Carthage, Mary Jane Carnie, Cazenovia, William J., Oneonta, and Thomas, Nashua, N.H.; six grandchildren and four great-grandchildren.