Workers clear the tracks of the trolley that ran between Alexandria Bay and Redwood, a route of 7½ miles, in this photo from the early 1900s. The trolley, operated by the St. Lawrence International Electric Railroad and Land Co., opened in 1902. From Redwood, passengers could connect with Pullman train service to New York City and Boston. The trolley operated three cars, two open and one closed. It discontinued operation in 1916, as a result of poor service and the rise of private transportation. The photo appears in the book Images of America: Alexandria Bay by Thomas F. Folino and is reprinted with permission of Arcadia Publishing.