NEW BREMEN An overheated wood stove in the basement at 8763 Cut Off Road started a fire Saturday morning that was contained to the basement.
According to a Lewis County fire report news release, Diane E. Moore, who owns the home with her husband, David C., reported the fire at 8:23 a.m. Saturday. The building and some contents sustained minor damage.
No injuries were reported. The Moores have insurance.
Mutual aid was given by Beaver Falls Fire Department, and the Croghan Fire Department was on standby. A code officer also was called.
The investigation is closed, according to a news release.