PITCAIRN A house fire in the town of Pitcairn killed three family dogs Thursday.
Harrisville Volunteer Fire Department and Gouverneur Volunteer Rescue Squad responded to 106 County Route 26 at 1:22 p.m. for what St. Lawrence County Fire Investigators said was an electrical malfunction that started the fire.
Investigators said Christine Denton was home at the time of the fire with three family dogs. While Ms. Denton was able to escape unharmed, the dogs were killed in the blaze, which firefighters battled until about 4:30 p.m.
The uninsured home, owned by Gary Russell, was deemed a total loss, investigators reported.
Harrisville, Fine, Edwards, Gouverneur and Star Lake volunteer fire departments assisted in the firefight.