The office staff of the W.W. Conde Hardware Co. in Watertown is pictured in this photo from the businesss 50th anniversary commemorative booklet, published in 1928. In front is Bernice M. Decker. Seated, from left: Alton B. Robertson, Frances E. Carlin, Marion E. Hart, Nellie G. Countryman and Charles W. Van Deusen. In back: Jesse C. Perkins, James E. Slack and George P. Walts. The Conde Store was founded by William Wheeler Conde in 1878. It relocated in 1883 from 10 Washington St. to 29 Public Square, near where Cams pizzeria stands now, and later to 4 Public Square, near the YMCA. The business closed in 1967.