MALONE — Mike Rost and Audrey Dovaes were not home Saturday morning when a fire swept through their rented mobile home.
A neighbor called in the blaze at 10:18 a.m. and the Burke Volunteer Fire Department was the first on the scene.
Burke Volunteer Department Chief Eugene Nesbitt said the 14-by-60-foot structure at 275 Stacy Road was engulfed by the time his crew arrived.
Malone, Chateaugay, Bangor and Constable fire departments also responded.
It took volunteers around three hours to put out the blaze, which is still under investigation.
Mr. Nesbitt said no one was injured and the home was insured.