CANTON - The St. Lawrence County Courthouse was evacuated for approximately 45 minutes Friday afternoon due to an electronic malfunction that set off the building’s alarm system.
Canton Fire Assistant Fire Chief Eric Johnson said the issue was identified as a blown light bulb in the county courtroom. Mr. Johnson said the fluorescent light bulb was located in a chandelier approximately 23 feet above the ground. He said it took time to get a hydraulic lift into the courtroom to repair the light bulb.
The courthouse was reopened at approximately 2:30 p.m.