Northern New York Newspapers
Watertown
Ogdensburg
Massena-Potsdam
Lowville
Carthage
Malone
NNY Business
NNY Living
NNY Ads
Tue., Sep. 16
ADVERTISE SUBSCRIBE
Serving the communities of Jefferson, St. Lawrence and Lewis counties, New York
In print daily. Online always.
Related Stories

Lewis County Recreation, Forestry and Parks Department looks to purchase new vehicle

ARTICLE OPTIONS
A A
print this article
e-mail this article

LOWVILLE — The Ways and Means/Building and Grounds Committee of the Lewis County Board of Legislators received a request to consider approving the purchase of a new truck for the Recreation, Forestry and Parks Department.

Recreation, Forestry and Parks Director Jacqueline Mahoney requested the purchase of a new F-150 Ford truck for the department.

According to Mrs. Mahoney, the department’s current F-150 is unusable and needs repair. Mrs. Mahoney said she can “band-aid” it for now to get her through until the new truck arrives.

Mrs. Mahoney asked if she could put the truck out to bid and told the committee no matter when the bid is done, the truck will not be ready until next year.

The estimated cost for the truck is $30,000, Mrs. Mahoney said.

Legislator Philip C. Hathway, R-Harrisville, asked if she had any other equipment needs or will ask for anything else in the budget. Mrs. Mahoney said the truck was the only thing she was seeking in the budget, although she may request purchases through ATV improvement funds, which does not come out of taxpayer funds.

The committee agreed to budget 25 percent of the cost in capital equipment and the remaining 75 percent will be from the ATV permitting funds. County Manager Elizabeth Swearingin asked Mrs. Mahoney to run it by the committee that oversees her department to get its OK.

Connect with Us
WDT News FeedsWDT on FacebookWDT on TwitterWDT on InstagramWDT for iOS: iPad, iPhone, and iPod touchWDT for Android
Showcase of Homes
Showcase of Homes